Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah mailing lists moderation

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 09:43:45 +0100

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 05:21:07PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     In particular, I don't remember asking for moderation or being told
>     about it
>
> My apologies.
>
> Indeed, now that you mention it, I too was confused about how this was
> happening.  But I think I found the answer -- the savannah lists were
> being included unknowingly.  (And this was why I didn't think to mention
> it.)  My script ~list/bin/dumpallconf, which generates the lists of
> lists to be considered by the "crew", accidentally included all lists of
> which I am a *member*, rather than only those lists of which I was a
> moderator or owner, and since I joined various savannah lists ... At
> least I believe that's what's going on.

OK, I better understand how moderation works for these lists now :)

> If you want us (them) to stop looking at them, no problem :).

Please don't check the private lists, I'd like to see how much of a
burden it is to moderate them, and decide whether it's necessary to
install 'listhelper' on it.

> By the way, I've meant to ask this for a while -- those lists have a
> bunch of people as owner, but you are the only one of them who seems to
> be active.  At least I have never seen any email on any of the lists
> from the others, since I joined.  (I know they were active in the past.)
> Maybe it should be changed to be a generic address, or just you (and me,
> if you like), or something?

I wouldn't mind resetting the list of admins to people who actually
look at it. We should send mail to the former admins for
politeness. They still have the siteadmin password anyway, so this
does not prevent them access otherwise, should they need it.

--
Sylvain