Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #348523] Mapping Savannah pro

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #348523] Mapping Savannah projects to http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/X/
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 10:10:11 +0100

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 01:19:14PM +0100, Alex Muntada wrote:
> * Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> > >
> > > I think we can proceed this way:
> > >
> > > - Give me a list of projects to rename (old name -> new name). Check
> > >   whether there're project mailing lists to rename and give me a list
> > >   too.
>
> It'd be good if the former mailing list names are preserved as
> aliases to the new names (and added as valid aliases in Mailman),
> so list members won't suffer mail rejects, etc.
>
> Those aliases could be removed in a couple of months or so.

We can do that with aliases at fencepost (I don't know if you guys
have an account there).

> > wwwcat          www-ca
>
> At least this team has the list <address@hidden>.
> However, the team homepage in Savannah says it has 0 mailing
> lists. Notice that this issue could be happening with other teams,
> too.

Here's a list of all missing lists I could find, assuming that all
lists begin with their project name.

www-bn-translators
www-bn-www-bn
wwwcat-traductors
wwwcz-provoz
wwwru
arabic-translators
spanish-www-spanish
targnum-admin
chinese-authors
chinese-chinese
chinese-coordinators
chinese-hackers
chinese-volunteers

Anyway, can I have a list of old names -> new names for the lists
(including the one you already found)?

Another point: lists archives location will change. If that's a
problem we need to discuss it.

> The "wwwmk" project can be safely deleted

I removed it.

> The following projects need to be changed to the type "www.gnu.org
> translation team":
>
> arabic, spanish, targnum, trans-id, gmp, tradutoresbr, wwwro, wwwsr,
> thaitrans, ukrainian, chinese

Can you do that?

Shortcut:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group=XXX