Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #348523] Mapping Savannah pro

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #348523] Mapping Savannah projects to http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/X/
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:12:08 +0100

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 03:58:34AM -0500, Yavor Doganov via RT wrote:
> At Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:20:47 -0500,
> Joshua Ginsberg via RT wrote:
> >
> > If so, not a huge deal -- just give me the rubric for the cvs
> > repository structure and I'll add it to the existing checkout
> > mechanism.
>
> Sylvain, is there anything I could do to help you with that?
>
> Most of the teams have empty Web repositories.

I think we can proceed this way:

- Give me a list of projects to rename (old name -> new name). Check
  whether there're project mailing lists to rename and give me a list
  too.

- You warn the project members and I rename the projects meanwhile.

- I disable webpages on-commit replication for translation projects
  (to avoid recreating old webpages locations during the move)

- We then send Joshua 2 lists:

  - a list of old webpage locations to remove (the nongnu.org/wwwXX
    pages, in particular)

  - the list of translation projects to map to
    http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/<foo>)

- Joshua will then be able to:

  - map the list of translation projects to the new locations

  - modify new-savannah-project/new.py to handle a new 'type'
    parameter value for when we create new translation projects in the
    future.

Does that sound good?

--
Sylvain