Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] nongnu.org mirrors?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] nongnu.org mirrors?
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 15:10:02 -0500

    http://dl.sv.gnu.org/releases/00_MIRRORS.html accordingly.

Can that file (/vservers/download/srv/download/00_MIRRORS.html I guess)
simply be edited in place?  E.g., I'd like to add a pointer to the
www.gnu.org page "if you want to be added to the list", etc.  My
apologies if I'm already supposed to know the answer to this, but I just
don't.

    Are the maintainers contacts confidential information?

Yes, I think it would be best for us to treat them as such.

    If the information is deemed private we need to setup some private
    place to store it in.

What we've done for the regular ftp mirrors is use
a file fencepost:/gd/gnuorg/web/FTP.contacts.
So we could have a parallel file NONGNU.contacts, say.

    'rsync -a' is not enough, mirrors need to use 'rsync -a --delete' at
    least, and I'd prefer 'rsync -aHS --delete-excluded'.

I'll tell the Greeks and update the mirror.html web page.  Also, it
seems the bigsearcher mirror is not being updated at all, so I'll write
them too.

Thanks,
Karl