Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git-cvsserver for coreutils, and later gnu

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git-cvsserver for coreutils, and later gnulib
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:04:05 +0100

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 02:13:03PM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to run a git-cvsserver for coreutils?
> I vaguely recall Sylvain saying something about the port
> already being in use.  If that's the only obstacle, can
> we put it on an alternate port?

Running an anonymous pserver-style service sounds ok.

I had asked address@hidden to create pserver.git.sv.gnu.org in the
DNS, pointing to another IP where the pserver port is free (the
current one is taken by, well, cvs pserver).

Installing git-cvsserver for use through SSH (:ext:) is more
complicated, I'd like we make sure this cannot permit local access
(namely through commit hooks) first.

--
Sylvain