[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Savannah announcement list?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Savannah announcement list?
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:33:00 +0100

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 09:55:37AM -0500, Justin Baugh wrote:
> Sylvain,
>
> Is there a global announcement list (i.e. Mailman) that reaches all
> Savannah users? If not, it is rms' request that we make one. I imagine
> this could be kept in sync by a script on lists.
>
> Also, how would I go about putting a notice on the main savannah page?

Hi,

Yes, at RMS' request, among others, savannah-announce was created, and
all admins invited to it. We have 855 people subscribed. Plus
savannah-users for discussions.

The procedure to post a notice in the Savannah homepage is - log to
the 'administration' project and post a news following the News link
- discuss it with the Savannah hackers - edit the news again and mark
it as shown on the homepage :)

--
Sylvain