[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Recordings of my speeches

From: John Sullivan
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Recordings of my speeches
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 15:28:29 -0500

Ok, I think this is the complete list of people who have volunteered to help
out, or have been helping to find volunteers.

Ciaran O'Riordan <address@hidden> writes:

> Daithí Mac Síthigh <address@hidden> from Ireland has offered to help.
> I've added him to cc.
>
> Where should we build a TODO list?

The project is in Savannah at http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/audio-video. How
about we use the to-do list ability there?

Who can we list as admins on the project? In other words, who will take
responsibility for putting up new videos as they come in, or for finding help
when they are not able to do it themselves in each case?

I think the first step is to change the process by which the site is updated.

Sylvain is looking into doing this via Savannah. Currently it is done via rsync
or something from Nick's home directory on fencepost.gnu.org.

As a first step I will ask the sysadmins to stop the cron job that does the
sync.

> I guess some work to do is to locate further recordings of Richard's talks,
> if they are of good quality, and add those to the page.  Maybe we should
> also improve the structure/layout of the gnu.org/philosophy/audio page.

Yes.

Nick, were there any outstanding projects you were working on that need to be
picked up?

The maintainers will also work closely with address@hidden (currently
Jeanne Rasata) in order to acquire recordings from new speeches as rms gives
them.

> Daithí has experience in audio editing, if that's useful.

Great, I'm sure it will be.

--
John Sullivan
Program Administrator        | Phone: (617)542-5942 x23