Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Spam on Maintenance Pages

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Spam on Maintenance Pages
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 08:51:35 +0200

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 04:15:29PM -0400, Michael J. Flickinger wrote:
> Perhaps we should turn off the public feedback on our maintenance pages.
> It's getting weirdo-spam attacked. :-(
>
> Ex: http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGnuArch

Hi,

I don't think that's a good idea - we'll get spam whenever we accept
comments, wherever that be. We'd rather adapt the wiki to this
situation (changes notifications, antispam filters, etc.)

I'd like to keep the wiki as open as possible.

Currently I remove the spam from 2 pages once in a while, no big deal.

--
Sylvain