[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: log_accum at Savannah

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: log_accum at Savannah
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 13:12:17 -0400

Derek R. Price wrote:
> I've installed this fix with minor modifications.  I should have a patch
> for `--separate-diffs DIFFERENT-EMAIL-ADDRESS' shortly.

Okay, I've installed a change to accept an optional EMAIL-ADDRESS
argument for --separate-diffs (and its -S synonym).  Be a little
careful, because that means that -S can no longer be bundled without
eating the end of an option list (e.g. -vS is okay, but -Sv would try to
email diffs to "address@hidden") and if either -S or --separate-diffs
appears as the last option before the %p, the module path will be parsed
as an email address.

The short way of saying this is that anything following -S or
--separate-diffs that doesn't look like another option will be parsed as
an argument to -S.

Some acceptable invocations:

    log_accum -qm address@hidden -S address@hidden %p %{sVv}
    log_accum -qS -m address@hidden %p %{sVv}
    log_accum -qm address@hidden --separate-diffs -- %p %{sVv}
    log_accum -m address@hidden --separate-diffs -q %p %{sVv}

If --separate-diffs is specified without any email addresses, diffs will
be mailed to the --mail-to address(es).

It shouldn't matter where "separate-diffs" appears in a config file,
whether it is followed by an email address argument or not.

Regards,

Derek

--
Derek R. Price