[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Membership request for group Savannah Admi

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Membership request for group Savannah Administration
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 22:02:56 +0200

> Oh! Ok Sylvain! :D
> Being not an admin, can I suscribe to "savannah-hackers-private" and
> other private lists?

Yes - in a first step we'll stick to public lists :)

> What list are most important? What do you recommend me?

The description should guide you. It's better to subscribe to all
mailing lists, but for now what you need most is the -register
list. Be also sure to read sv-hackers-public because this is were
important mails are sent to the team.

As a general guideline we use public lists as much as possible
(searchable archives, transparency...). Private lists are provided for
users who wish to communicate about confidential matters, or when the
Savannah Hackers need a private discussion (immediate security issue).

Also try to keep the carbon-copy list intact when you reply to
e-mails, unless you think this is needed (in which case, explain
briefly why and who you added/removed from Cc: list) :)

--
Sylvain