[Savannah-hackers-public] log_accum at Savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] log_accum at Savannah
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 16:06:51 +0200

Hello,

I am eventually working on merging our versions of log_accum and
commit_prep with the ones at
http://cvs.sv.gnu.org/viewcvs/ccvs/contrib/?root=cvs

After some work to support our features, it occurs to me that the
contrib/ scripts as-are cannot work. At least,

- they cannot agree on the common temporary file to use unless you
  force commit_prep to use a fixed user with option -u

- the code for the new CVS loginfo options pattern (%{sVv} instead of
  %1{sVv}) does not support getting the current directory as the first
  non-option argument - so log_accum never think it worked on the last
  directory given by commit_prep, and never send mail.

- a bug in processing -u in log_accum

- a 'ghost' variable that I spotted when switching to 'use strict'

I've pretty much fixed those, but I wonder whether there is a point on
working in your versions of log_accum/commit_prep if they are
broken. Or maybe I totally missed something :)

To quote you: "I am inclined to stick with the log_accum.pl that I
already know mostly works."
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2005-10/msg00150.html

So can you tell me if contrib/ contains working versions of the
scripts? If you think those are actually buggy, there is no point in
working on them, and I'd rather work again on the Savannah version
which I do know are mostly working ;)

--
Sylvain