[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #265793] TLS certificates

From: Sylvain Beucler via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #265793] TLS certificates
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:02:28 -0500

> CAcert.org is not a recognized CA by any major browser, so at the end of
> the day, it's no more secure than signing your own certificates.

Yes, the point is that they may be in the future.

> If you do, savannah does not need an MX. Please have it verified to
> address@hidden or address@hidden

I can't. I'm offered the following choice:
        address@hidden
        address@hidden
        address@hidden
        address@hidden
        address@hidden

Maybe you can, as a quick work-around, have the MXes set to mx10&al
for savannah.gnu.org (as Jim did for cvs.savannah.gnu.org).

If I'm not mistaken address@hidden should then receive
address@hidden

Do you think there is any issue with adding MXes to Savannah? We may
need this in the future, for example when Savane implements a mail
interface for the trackers.

> If you'd like one signed by a CA that is recognized by major browsers,
> let me know. We can have one generated for you.

(2 actually: gnu.org & nongnu.org)

Do you mean buying additional certificates to entrust.net? Or
something else?

Thanks,

--
Sylvain