[Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #265793] TLS certificates

From: Joshua Ginsberg via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #265793] TLS certificates
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:04:08 -0500

> In order to avoid browser warnings for the Savannah users, we'll
> generate new certificates using a new CA.
> Generation procedure can be found at ~/Beuc/CA.sh

Fine. Duely noted.

> We also started a discussion with RMS about using CAcert.org (they
> offer the source code to their web system).

CAcert.org is not a recognized CA by any major browser, so at the end of
the day, it's no more secure than signing your own certificates. Use one
of theirs, use your own self-signed one -- we don't really care.

If you do, savannah does not need an MX. Please have it verified to
address@hidden or address@hidden

If you'd like one signed by a CA that is recognized by major browsers,
let me know. We can have one generated for you.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance on this issue.

-jag

--
Joshua Ginsberg <address@hidden>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator