[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #249112] Savannah kernel and modu

From: Sylvain Beucler via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #249112] Savannah kernel and modules
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:16:57 -0400

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 12:17:50PM -0400, Justin Baugh via RT wrote:
> It's been the policy of the sysadmins for some time to not build kernels
> with any module support.

You mean it's not possible to add modules at runtime for security?

> However, ACL's were not enabled. I have produced a new kernel that
> provides this, and installed it. I'll leave it to you to reboot the
> machine when it's convenient (or just let me know when).

Thanks :)

I think it is better if you reboot it, since that'll be the first
reboot after the Sarge upgrade. In case we didn't setup init
correctly, some services might not work, so the best would be to drop
by #savannah and check if we're ready for fixing as well. Tomorrow
could be a good time.

--
Sylvain