[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #220298] Mail archives spam filte

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #220298] Mail archives spam filtering
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:54:37 +0100

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 02:27:08PM -0500, James Blair via RT wrote:
> > address@hidden - Tue Jan 25 16:23:05 2005]:
> >
> > Hello Jim,
> >
> > Werner is suggesting to fix the e-mail detection regexp in the mharc
> > custom code, where the domain part of the e-mail should contain a
> > dot. That way, 'address@hidden' would match, but not 'address@hidden'.
> >
> > Can you fix it? (/usr/lib/MHonArc/mhinit.pl)
> >

> This sounds like a good idea.  Because of the complexity of the regular
> expression, and the fact that this is a low-priority issue, we won't be
> able to work on this immediately.  If you or another volunteer would
> like to submit a change to us, we could put it in soon.  Otherwise this
> ticket will remain open until we have time to work on it.

$fields_hash_ref->{'subject'}[0] =~
s/([^()<>@,;:\/\s"\'&|]+)\@([^()<>@,;:\/\s"\'&|]+)\.([^()<>@,;:\/\s"\'&|]+)/address@hidden/g;
[...]
$mhonarc::Subject{$fields_hash_ref->{'x-mha-index'}} =~
$$html_text_ref =~
href="\/spam.html">address@hidden<\/a>/g;

Took me less time to write than you to tell me to do :p

"we" -> is there a new sysadmin?

--
Sylvain