savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [bugs #6881] Project creation leads to incomplete CVS adm

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bugs #6881] Project creation leads to incomplete CVS administration files
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:47:04 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: Savannah.

[bugs #6881] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
'Date:
                dim 30.11.2003 à 17:47 (Europe/Paris)

I cannot investigate neither can I fix it for now due to problem discussed by
mail privately related to ssh.

(same comment for the others problems reported yesterday)

[bugs #6881] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah
Submitted by: Vincent Caron
On: dim 30.11.2003 à 15:34

Category:  System Backend
Severity:  7 - Major
Fixed Release:
Affected release:  -CERN

Original Submission:  Symptom :

cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/cvsroot/emms/emms'

   (/cvsroot/emms/emms/#cvs.lock): Permission denied

cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvsroot/emms/emms'

cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

Analysis :

Some administration files in CVSROOT/ which should be checkout'ed automatically
by CVS (they are: checkoutlist, config, passwd, readers) are not. The bug below
is triggered by the lack of config which sets the lock folder to
/var/lock/cvs/cvsroot/emms.

It looks like all projects created since the migration to the CERN branch are
affected. 'emms' was fixed by hand (issuing local 'co <file>,v' commands). An
affected sample for debugging purposes is 'polyxmass'.

Real cause of problem unknown at this time.

Follow-up Comments

Date: dim 30.11.2003 à 17:47        By: yeupou
I cannot investigate neither can I fix it for now due to problem discussed by
mail privately related to ssh.

(same comment for the others problems reported yesterday)

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=6881>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/