savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [bug #2203] Add a feature to see "My Bugs" across all pro

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bug #2203] Add a feature to see "My Bugs" across all projects
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 05:12:32 -0500

=================== BUG #2203: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2203&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: sam 08.11.2003 à 11:12 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
            Category | Bug Tracker               | Web Frontend
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
         Assigned to | ljulliar                  | yeupou
              Status | Open                      | Closed
       Fixed Release |                           | DEV_2003-09-05_CERN

And advanced information page per user will be provided, which will list all
the submitted stuff.

=================== BUG #2203: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Signalé par: ralfhauser               Projet: Savannah
Signalé le: lun 13.01.2003 à 17:50
Category:  Web Frontend               Severity:  1 - Enhancement
Assigned to:  yeupou                  Status:  Closed
Fixed Release:  DEV_2003-09-05_CERN

Original Submission:  not just one such as Savannah (1).

2) Also, allow to globally search for all bugs submitted by myself irrespective
of their status (especially in 'advanced search').

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: sam 08.11.2003 à 11:12        By: yeupou

Date: lun 15.09.2003 à 14:57        By: yeupou
1) There will be a new page called "search that will allows you to search
through multiple project.

But not in the browse page, which is truly dedicated to one project.

3) There's a TODO file but currently major enhancement are being made, this
file is partly outdated.

Date: lun 15.09.2003 à 13:53        By: ralfhauser
Re 1) Is would be great if once you are in the "advanced search - Bugs / Browse
Bugs" page of a project to immediately be able to switch to another project
from there. Or even search multiple projects simultaneously.

Re 2) I only see "Submitted on" not a "submitted by" where I could enter a
regEx. This is a lot more efficient that only being able to sort by Submitter.

Re 3) Couldn't those be done as generic links? Then I would hope it is not such
a big programming effort?

Also is there a list of priority projects publicly viewable such that I could
find out on which position my suggestions are?

Date: lun 15.09.2003 à 13:25        By: yeupou
Hi,

I do not really understand 1). Can you elaborate?

2) is possible I thinK.

3) would require heavy work I think, so it's not going to happend soon (many
things to do before).

Date: ven 31.01.2003 à 12:04        By: ralfhauser
Here the attachment comes.

As per my original post, 1) it would in great in b_*.jpb and c_*.jpg to be able
to extend the scope beyong the project "Savannah".

And 2) it would be great in the same 2 jpg's to be able to search also by the
field "Submitted by".

And 3 (new suggestion!): on a_*.jpg (My Personal Page) have the titles "My
Bugs" and "My Support Requests" be url links such an extra-advance search
interface.

Date: ven 31.01.2003 à 11:24        By: ljulliar
Yes please send screenshots ofr each of steps you mentioned before because I
must say that I have some difficulty to understand what the problem is.
Reopening the bug for now.

Thanks!

Date: ven 31.01.2003 à 11:10        By: ralfhauser
This very bug is the proof that my bug is still necessary:

a) On my personal page (only 5 bugs are visible - excluding this very one which
may be o.k. since you closed, but I am sure there are more)

b) in browse "open bugs" - advanced search: I only see one of mine and there is
no way to search for my own...

c) When I click on "Browse My Bugs" I get <<No Matching Bugs Found for Savannah
or filters too restrictive>> There again, there is an "advanced search" and by
setting status to any, I getting 4, but different ones than on "My Personal
Page".

I am happy to send screenshots if needed.

Therefore, please re-open this bug.

Date: ven 31.01.2003 à 10:48        By: ljulliar
I'm not sure I understand the question here. Right now the 'Personal page' does
show all the bugs submitted by you irrespective of the project, that is to say
whether you are a project member or not doesn't make a difference. So this is a
croos-project view.

Now when you use the bug search facility you are in a project context and there
is no such thing as a global search. Given how SAvannah is designed today I'm
not sure we want to expand the search facility to be global.

Date: jeu 30.01.2003 à 22:45        By: yeupou
Laurent, any idea about it?

La liste CC est vide

Fichiers attachés