savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [bug #626] No update of nightly tarball on new tag

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bug #626] No update of nightly tarball on new tag
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 05:00:57 -0500

=================== BUG #626: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=626&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: sam 08.11.2003 à 11:00 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
            Priority | Normal                    | Low
         Assigned to | villate                   | None

(unassign bug to open the door to contribution)

=================== BUG #626: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Signalé par: ydirson                  Projet: Savannah
Signalé le: ven 14.06.2002 à 15:22
Category:  CVS                        Severity:  3 - Ordinary
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open
Fixed Release:

Original Submission:  The last update of the alcovebook nightly tarball
contains the latest commits, but does not include the latest tags.

Latest commits are tagged with RELEASE_0-99-7, and I later tagged the same set
of files with MERGE-POINT_1-0_2, but this tag does not appear in the tarball.

I suppose I added the tag after the archival, and this may have gone undetected
by the archiver.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: sam 08.11.2003 à 11:00        By: yeupou
(unassign bug to open the door to contribution)

Date: jeu 15.05.2003 à 10:11        By: None
Well, the way I (and I suppose many people) work, is first committing stuff,
then tagging, releasing, and possibly work other projects for some time.  That
is, tagging is usually done after commits.

Fortunately, this bug only shows when the tarball is generated between the last
commit and tagging the release, which should not occur very often.

Date: mer 14.05.2003 à 22:00        By: yeupou
Hi Yann,

Is it ok with the current tarball (archived during may)?

It's possible that tarballs are only regenerated after commits, and no after
tagging. I ignore if it requires heavy work to change that. But until we fix
that bug, there is a harmless work-around: do a little commit.

Date: mer 25.09.2002 à 12:34        By: None
I've deleted a tag on sept 23th, but the tarball is still dated from sept 21th.

Date: lun 23.09.2002 à 10:25        By: ydirson
I'll check

Date: lun 23.09.2002 à 09:39        By: yeupou
Is this issue resolved?

La liste CC est vide

Il n'y a aucun fichier attaché actuellement

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=626&group_id=11

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/