savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] about the bug system

From: mathieu
Subject: [Savannah-dev] about the bug system
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:10:18 +0200

I have some question about the purpose of
        severity / priority
        resolution / status

severity / priority :
if a bug is severe, he should get a high priority. If not, he should get a low priority, no ? The priority is totally relative to the bug severity, no ?

resolution / status :
if I'm not mistaking, the resolution is a form of « status ». If it is "wont fixed", or "fixed", or "invalid", it is closed, no ? I understand that close/open permit easy browsing of open bugs, bug some status setting should be automatically set the resolution to close (the one I've listed above)

It's a little bit confusing to me but it mays have many reasons explaining this. I've looked as the Debian bug system and bugzilla. In Debian bug system, it seems that there not two severity / priority solution, but in bugzilla there is the same thing.

Can