savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] Some problems on Savannah

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Some problems on Savannah
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:26:13 +0200

Today at about 5pm GMT Savannah became very loaded all of a sudden. looking at the number of running processes, there is an impressively high number of CVS processes running and some of them have been around for hours so it looks like there are problems with cvs processes hanging.

As a side not I noticed that /cvsroot resides on the / filesystem where there is only 400 MB of free space. This is not much. In addition cvs often uses *a lot* of temporary storage space especially for commits and by default it uses /tmp which also resides on the / file system.

I guess a /home/large_tmp or /audio-video/large_tmp should be created and then use the -T argument of cvs to specify the new cvs temp directory. Shouldn't the /cvsroot dir be moved to /audio-video as well by the way?

Another thing: each time I run the top command or ps, I have a bunch of "Internal Error!" messages showing on the screen which is quite strange. is it possible that the ps and top command versions are not in sync with /proc

LAurent