savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [Bug #7] Potential overflow on CVS server command line

From: noreply
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #7] Potential overflow on CVS server command line
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:22:30 -0400

Bug #7, was updated on 2002-Apr-19 16:15
Here is a current snapshot of the bug.

Project: savannah
Category:  CVS
Severity:  9 - Critical

Original Submission:  Savannah currently uses a standard cvs server. All the
allowed root files are therefore passed as a lonmg series of "--allow-root
/cvsroot/foo" options.

On Linux the size limit for a command line is 64 KBytes so at about say 40
chars per option, the command overflow will show up when we'll approach 1600
projects.

Follow-Ups: