ruqueue-user

Re: [Ruqueue-user] new features

From: John Fulton
Subject: Re: [Ruqueue-user] new features
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:13:11 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005, van Mil, Michiel wrote:

> Hi, is there a specific place for feature requests and/or patches?

Feel free to post feature requests to this list.  Patches can be
submitted via savannah:

 http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=additem&group=ruqueue

> I've been thinking attachment support (for adding screenshots, patches
> and whatnot) might be cool on the ticket level,

Cool.  Feel free to submit a patch ;)

> and I've been tinkering with more advanced HTML text editors lately
> which might also integrate well with ruqq.

I personally like ASCII text for problem descriptions, but I think
some users would like to report problems in HTML.  It's really a
matter of sticking a little bit of javascript/HTML for whichever
WYSIWYG rich text web editor you like into the system's text areas.
This could be done nicely with a system variable which lets you set
a blob of code (for the WYSIWYG) to a string that gets inserted if
it's set.

> When using lookup_name.php to find a user it might be convenient to have
> a popup/link/hover something so you can immediately see what calls are
> already in the queue for that user. (I know 'edit this user' will take
> you to a page where you also see all calls associated with that user but
> that feels a bit counterintuitive.)

Yes, that would be a little nicer.  I've added a task (#5121) for it.

> The system seems to work very well; I've been testing it for these last
> few weeks and it is fast and dependable, and the layout of tickets makes
> for efficient troubleshooting.

Thanks.  I'm glad you find it useful.

  John