rule-list

Re: [RULE] PCMCIA problems in Red Hat?

From: C David Rigby
Subject: Re: [RULE] PCMCIA problems in Red Hat?
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 03:20:45 +0200

M. Fioretti wrote:
On Sun, May 30, 2004 09:51:42 AM +0200, C David Rigby
(address@hidden) wrote:
modprobe pcmcia
modprobe yenta_socket
modprobe yenta_socket pci=biosirq

I have a mistake in my instructions here. It should say, on the first line, modprobe pcmcia_core. Sorry about that - violated the old rule of "coffee first, then email" again this morning.

Here, the two commands above keep giving, at startup or from the
command line:

PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin a of device 00:03:0. Please try
using pci=biosirq

Same for pin B and then

Hmmm. This is the message that you should get after the first "modprobe yenta_socket." Then, if you issue "modprobe yenta_socket pci=biosirq" you should get the pcmcia slots working. However, we are assuming that the the fix for your machine is the same as for mine. Maybe not...

ds: no socket drivers loaded!

modprobe yenta_socket says:

init_module: no such device. Hint: insmod error can be caused by
incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
insmod /liub/modules/2.4.20-8/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/yenta_socket.o
failed

Hmmmm. Now that sounds like what occurs when the base address is not where the driver expects it to be. But I have only seen it for pcmcia chips that use the i82365 driver. What happens when you try

modprobe pcmcia_core
modprobe i82365

?

CDR

all with:
1) Edit /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia so that it looks like this:

PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=yenta_socket
PCIC_OPTS="pci=biosirq"
CORE_OPTS=