rule-list

Re: [RULE] Xircom NIC: xirc2ps_cs.o doesn't load.

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield
Subject: Re: [RULE] Xircom NIC: xirc2ps_cs.o doesn't load.
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 02:14:59 -0500

Upon your suggestion, I'm trying a network install. However, I can't get the PCMCIA NIC to work. When /scripts/pcmcia.sh gets to ln 96, here's what happens:

$/sbin/insmod $PC/xirc2ps_cs.o
insmod: unresolved symbol register_pccard_driver
insmod: unresolved symbol unregister_pccard_driver

Any ideas? A google search doesn't find any conclusions, but several suggestions to upgrade/compile the kernal. I don't know about *that*. Looks to me like it's missing a shared object.

NIC:  Xircom CEM56-100  == 10/100 Ethernet + 56k Modem

TIA,
Gabriel

C David Rigby wrote:

This is my report, but it was for a desktop system. I will dig up my report on installing via PCMCIA-connected NIC & CD-ROM, and post it someplace accessible on a web server.