rule-list

Re: [RULE] Proposal/Vision: The Rule Desktop

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [RULE] Proposal/Vision: The Rule Desktop
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:05:54 -0600

At 16:34 2/19/2004, you wrote:
My general "vision", if you will, about what RULE must become is:

For the record, I find no argument with that vision and fully support it.

My opinion is that RULE proper should be the foundation to build all
such projects, and provide by itself some kind of english desktop for
students/one man businesses (Ingo, is this what you called
"Rule-desktop" made from vumBOX?). Starting from there, VUM, and all
other groups could build their semiautomatic "ISO customization
process"

Also fully agreed.

The lack of the first two things, docs and website, is mainly my
fault. I got an offer from a guy to help with PHP and MySQL, and I'll
contact him immediately.

I need a little help getting my PHP code to link to MySQL, but I can help you with the docs and the website in some way. Just help me straighten out two or three little issues with understanding my CSS file and my PHP/MySQL code and I'll be *more* than delighted to help with the docs. I've even learned DocBook XML recently and started producing HOWTO documents in CVS, precisely so that I could help RULE (remember I offered some time ago?) and the Linux Documentation Project.

I am also rounding up 10 low-end computers for a small public school here (the kids pay $11 per year for schooling), and this would be a wonderful way for me to deploy RULE in the next 30-45 days.

And finally, please note that I would be happy to offer more space on my server if you want to host the *entire* repository there, including ISO images et al. Lots of good bandwidth for this server, and not being fully utilized at the time. Happy to donate some to a good cause.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden