rule-list

[RULE] Bug in tinyX.post.sh and/or install process

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [RULE] Bug in tinyX.post.sh and/or install process
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:57:53 +0100

Hello,

I found, installing with the vumBOX cd, an error in the X configuration.

startx aborts because this

ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/Xvesa /usr/X11R6/bin/X

is done even when there is no Xvesa server. I have found the instruction
above in the scripts from Michael (DISK2/second_stage_scripts/tinyX.post.sh)
so I'd guess that vumBOX inherited it. unless the problem is in the X rpms
included in the vumBOX.

after install, I only had /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 and another whose name
escapes me now.

Did anybody else observe this? ideas on how to fix it?

Ciao,
Marco