rule-list

[RULE] TinyX

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: [RULE] TinyX
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 16:19:05 +0300

Hi All,

As I have learned (by chance), people on RULE list are familiar with TinyX and
its installation.
I recently compiled Xfree86 snapshot (XF-4.3.0 branch) from Rawhide SRPM
$rpm -q XFree86
XFree86-4.2.99.2-0.20021122.2
and TinyX binary RPM was generated, too.
But, when I launch
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xmach64
(from XFree86-TinyX)
my system shows (just for a moment) graphics screen with cursor, and than
freezes.

How I can configure/tune TinyX?
Does TinyX use XF86Config (from /etc/X11) or it has some own config file?

I have Compaq Presario 1800 with ATI Mach64 (Rage Mobility) chipset.

I am quite new to TinyX so would be thankful for any help.

--
Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released
http://svgicons.sourceforge.net