rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Install with no CD or floppy drive

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Install with no CD or floppy drive
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:20:35 +0200

Just a side note on this, both as a reminder for us all, and as a
suggestion for Raymundo, if applicable.

I have an old laptop with Linux installed already, but either floppy
OR cdrom (I cannot test RULE on it now because, for unrelated reasons,
it *has* to stay untouched for some time, to finish other projects).

In general, when I install a new linux distro on it I:

1)      copy the boot image from the CD to a new directory on the HD
2)      config LILO to boot with that file
3)      reboot, and the image on disk happily installs from cdrom(s)

Again, just as a reminder, is there anything to prevent using the same
trick with miniconda/slinky on mine and all other old laptops with the
same limitation?

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti
                RULE project leader

--
Don't you wish you had more energy... or less ambition?