rule-list

[Rule-list] swapon /swap

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: [Rule-list] swapon /swap
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:36:07 -0700

Greetings all.

After trying to install RH6.2 on my 386 with only 8MB of RAM. I learned from the help of others that it seems the second stage RAM disk is too big for my computer's setup. Perhaps the swap partitions weren't mounted yet, or perhaps they were mounted, but swap + RAM is too small for the RAM disk.

What would you guys think of creating swap files during installation and then removing them after completion? I hope that this hasn't been discussed yet, because I don't want to waste your time.

Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong