rule-list

[Rule-list] [OT] KVM cables

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: [Rule-list] [OT] KVM cables
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:05:19 -0600

At 4/9/2002 09:17 PM -0500, you wrote:
> Unfortunately <sigh>, I've just been informed that I
> have to report to the Board of Directors on Monday which knocks my
> testing right back to Wednesday or so after I finish answering residual
> questions and brushing the kudos or craps off my shoulders, depending
> on their reactions to my work thus far.

Well? Which was it?

Everything went reasonably well. Satisfied with progress (although not *impressed*) and requests that I move faster.

I've acquired a 4-port KVM switch from Avocent, by the way, who used to be Cybex. These have an excellent reputation (several friends use them extensively) and CDW sold me the thing for $90 which was just outstanding. Now, can anyone recommend to me a good source for cables? This will allow me to plug one or two Test PC's into my desk without configuring separate monitors, etc.

I don't think I've ever seen an NFS, so no promises on getting that working... but the first actual install test will be performed on my 486 tomorrow night. :)

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden