jami

Re: [Ring] Salute

From: AmarOk
Subject: Re: [Ring] Salute
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 13:08:45 -0400

Hi and sorry for the delay.

There is a lot of ways to contribute.

First if you don't want to code, packaging/translating Ring.

But if you really want to code, we have a public GitLab's instance : https://git.ring.cx There is a lot of repositories for a lot of part of Ring. And there is also the tag "help wanted" and "good first bug: for example https://git.ring.cx/savoirfairelinux/ring-client-gnome/issues?label_name%5B%5D=good+first+bug

So, in a few steps:

1. Build locally your own version of Ring. https://git.ring.cx/savoirfairelinux/ring-project/wikis/technical/Build-instructions

2. Chose an issue you want to solve (on the gitlab instance. If the issue is not present, please fill a ticket)

3. Code

4. Send your patch. We currently use Gerrit (https://git.ring.cx/savoirfairelinux/ring-project/wikis/tutorials/Working-with-gerrit)

If you have any problem, you can send a mail here, or use #ring on freenode

If you are interested in low-level, you can check ring-daemon (Used to interact with https://opendht.net, pjsip, ffmpeg, etc).

The logic of desktop clients is present in ring-lrc (currently it uses Qt, but this will change).

As bill said, the official GNU/Linux client mainly uses Gtk.

The windows client uses Qt (win32)

If you are interested in the Android or iOS world, there is also some clients :)

Best regards,

Sebastien