jami

[Ring] Does Ring.cx support Debian Stretch with Raspberry Pi desktop

From: Dev Auroraland
Subject: [Ring] Does Ring.cx support Debian Stretch with Raspberry Pi desktop
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 14:15:04 -0700

Hi,

I was trying a new thing that installing Ring at my Raspberry Pi desktop with Debian Stretch OS (this OS installed on the Virtual Machine on my Windows desktop). The result was I did install Ring on it successfully, created a new public name, and make it recognize audio and video device. Since we have several testing account, we can use them to find each other and they were both online when doing the test.

However, the problem I met was even though we can see each other online, windows accounts cannot communicate with debian account, neither sending message nor video/audio call (but these windows accounts can talk or message with each other). So don't know what the problem was. It might be Pi is not powerful or Debian Stretch with Raspberry Pi desktop doesn't work the same with real Pi board. There might be other reasons cause this.

Would you please let me know if you have any idea about this?

Thank you so much!

Best,
Serena
Auroraland Team