jami

Re: [Ring] Android Crash; Windows Update; Gnome Tray

From: Pierre Duchemin
Subject: Re: [Ring] Android Crash; Windows Update; Gnome Tray
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 09:57:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Nathan,

I just analyzed the apk files produced by our CI system.
I don't have the same results.
Can you tell us where did you downloaded you apk file from and explain how you
got theses results?

Furthermore, if you try to compile such an apk, Android studio would throws
that kind of error:

com.android.dex.DexIndexOverflowException: method ID not in [0, 0xffff]: 65536
at com.android.dx.merge.DexMerger$6.updateIndex(DexMerger.java:502)
at com.android.dx.merge.DexMerger$IdMerger.mergeSorted(DexMerger.java:277)
at com.android.dx.merge.DexMerger.mergeMethodIds(DexMerger.java:491)
at com.android.dx.merge.DexMerger.mergeDexes(DexMerger.java:168)
at com.android.dx.merge.DexMerger.merge(DexMerger.java:189)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.mergeLibraryDexBuffers(Main.java:454)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMonoDex(Main.java:302)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.run(Main.java:245)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:214)
at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:106)

At this time, our apk compile without any error.

Pierre Duchemin
Free software consultant | Montreal, Qc
Savoir-faire Linux
Ring: pierreduchemin

Confidentiality Message: This communication (including any files
transmitted with it) is intended solely for the person or entity
to whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential or
privileged information.
The disclosure, distribution or copying of this message is
strictly forbidden. Should you have received this communication
in error, kindly contact the sender promptly, destroy any copies
and delete this message from your computer system.