jami

Re: [Ring] Are the Arch linux packages gone?

From: inderaue23
Subject: Re: [Ring] Are the Arch linux packages gone?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 09:26:18 +0100 (CET)

By the way: Here is what Fedora guys told me about integrating Ring packages into Gnome Software repositories.

I'm interest in GNU Ring's communication solution.https://ring.cx/en
https://ring.cx/en/about/practical

"I see that FFMPEG is mentioned on Ring's website. FFMPEG isn't permissible in
Fedora because the USA's patent system is crap, so it's packaged in RPM Fusion
instead. Anyone who wants to package Ring will have to do it in RPM Fusion (or
another add-on repository), unless Ring can function without FFMPEG.

Björn Persson"