jami

Re: [Ring] Import an account on Linux

From: Nicolas Jäger
Subject: Re: [Ring] Import an account on Linux
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 15:02:35 -0500 (EST)

> So the only thing i could export with export.gz is my RingID right now?
no, You save your keys: private and public (the last one is your ring Id).

> Could i save my data manually somehow?
yes, you can save all your account(s) on linux by copying thoses directories :

./config/ring
./local/share/ring

you can also save the conversations and contacts recorded in the client :

./local/share/gnome-ring

you can do a tarball from your home directory :
tar cvf save-my-ring.tar.gz .config/ring/ .local/share/ring/
.local/share/gnome-ring/

Nicolas Jäger
(514) 276-5468 Poste 121