jami

Re: [Ring] GNOME client mock-up

From: Tirifto
Subject: Re: [Ring] GNOME client mock-up
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 21:30:17 +0200

On Thu, 2017-10-26 at 21:44 +1100, Óvári wrote:
> Suggestions for iImage at Page 7 --> 'Properties' window -->
> 'Permissions' tab:
>
> 1. Separate "Audio/Video calling" into "Audio calling" and "Video
> calling"

Good idea; I’ll split them.

> 2. Add "Screen sharing"

I don’t know how much this differs from video calling from
  a) technical point of view,
  b) users’ point of view.
I’ll think about this some more, and at least give it a mention.

> 3. Add "File sharing"

This seems reasonable. I’ll add it!

> 4. Add "Animated Emoji and GIFs"

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think animated emoji would need to be a
special feature implemented in Ring. I don’t know of such a feature,
and in my personal opinion, it wouldn’t be useful. I’ll only add this
if the developers announce them and want special treatment for them.

GIF should not be treated as its own category. GIF is one of many image
formats; its category would be “images”, or “animated images”. I think
this could simply fall under “file sharing”, in any case.

> The list of options will then be:
>
> Text messaging
>
> Audio calling
>
> Video calling
>
> Screen sharing
>
> File sharing
>
> Animated Emoji and GIFs
>

> What do you think?

Your suggestions are very helpful and I appreciate them.

> Thank you

Thank you!