jami

Re: [Ring] GSoC Houmin

From: Houmin
Subject: Re: [Ring] GSoC Houmin
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 23:48:16 +0800

Hi all,  the coding period of GSoC 2017 has officially begun on May 30.
Here is my report of week 1 and 2 (sorry to be a little late)

*********************** Report of  Week 1 and 2 ********************************

Community is great and thanks your guys to answer my questions, especially my mentor Stepan.
For the first two weeks, I have done the following things
- successfully compiled and installed Ring  from source code (I have done this in community bonding period, but when I reinstalled my OS and try to create a new Ring account, there was something wrong, see this)
- learn how to use gerrit and commit some patches
- communicate with Stepan about what my project will be like. we decide that my project will something like ring-client-gnome, maybe call *ring-client-iot*.
- read the code of ring daemon,  understanding the way how *ring-client-iot* might communicate with ring daemon,  and how to call ring api.

Plan for week 3:
- writing skeleton code for *ring-client-iot*. Maybe just a basic main loop which be able to call some ring apis to the daemon and handle a daemon event. By that time, I shall have a repository for my project too.

Houmin Wei  ( 魏后民 )
Undergraduate,School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science
Peking University, Beijing, 100871.