jami

[Ring] testing Ring at Kamailio World, Berlin this week

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: [Ring] testing Ring at Kamailio World, Berlin this week
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 23:56:20 +0200

Hi all,

I'm at Kamailio World in Berlin this week, many people are also in town
for re:publica, so I've had a few opportunities to test Ring with people.

Some feedback from first impressions and potential problems:

- sending a text message works but when trying to make or receive calls,
the recipient is not alerted

- after updating my own version of Ring (Android/F-Droid), it wanted to
create an account, a popup window appeared telling me it was creating an
account but it never finished.  Eventually I killed the app and cleared
the data and started the setup again.

- it is not clear to people what is happening and where their data will
go when they are asked to create an account and set a password.

- I was also asked if it is relying on a TURN server or any other
infrastructure.

Regards,

Daniel