jami

[Ring] Good news and questions about "rules.mak" files

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: [Ring] Good news and questions about "rules.mak" files
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 22:37:23 -0300

Hi everybody!

I have successfully made a still-in-testing package for Guix! :)

However, somethings caught my attention:

There are some "rules.mak" files that have build options for different
dependencies of the project, and since I'm a volunteer for the Guix
project, and since we want to package these different dependencies to
Guix, so we can also package Ring, I must ask:

Which build options in the "rules.mak" for the following list can be
safely ignored? And which ones, in the other hand, are a "must have"?

NOTE I'm not talking about the patches applied (in "$(APPLY)" lines),
because these are covered at an specific issue for enhancement (at
[[https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/tracker/?aid=1546]]).

The list of "rules.mak" files affected by the above questions, and
questionable options, are as follows:

They are located at: "ring-daemon/contrib/src"

- asio
  - --without-boost
- boost
  - --with-system
  - --with-random
  - define="BOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED"
  - -sNO_BZIP2=1
  - cxxflags=-fPIC
  - cflags=-fPIC
- cryptopp
  - -DBUILD_TESTING=Off
  - -DBUILD_SHARED=Off
- ffmpeg
  - All "--disable" and "--enable" options that result in GNU+Linux
    build.
- flac
  - All "--disable" and "--enable" options that result in GNU+Linux
    build.
- gcrypt
  - All "--disable" and "--enable" options that result in GNU+Linux
    build.
  - ac_cv_sys_symbol_underscore=no
- gnutls
  - All "--disable", "--with" and "--without" options that result in
    GNU+Linux build.
- gpg-error
  - --disable-nls
  - --disable-shared
  - --disable-languages
- iconv
  - --disable-nls
- jsoncpp
  - -DBUILD_STATIC_LIBS:BOOL=ON
  - -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=OFF
  - -DJSONCPP_WITH_TESTS:BOOL=OFF
- libav
  - All "--disable" and "--enable" options that result in GNU+Linux
    build.
- msgpack
  - -DMSGPACK_CXX11=ON
  - -DMSGPACK_BUILD_EXAMPLES=OFF
  - -DMSGPACK_ENABLE_SHARED=OFF
- opendht
  - --disable-tools
  - --disable-python
  - --disable-doc
- opus
  - --disable-extra-programs
  - --disable-doc
  - --enable-fixed-point
- pcre
  - --disable-cpp
- pjproject
  - All "--disable" and "--enable" options that result in GNU+Linux
    build.
  - -DPJ_ICE_MAX_CAND=32
  - -DPJ_ICE_MAX_CHECKS=150
  - -DPJ_ICE_COMP_BITS=2
  - -DPJ_ICE_MAX_STUN=3
  - -DPJSIP_MAX_PKT_LEN=8000
- restbed
  - -DBUILD_TESTS=NO
  - -DBUILD_EXAMPLES=NO
  - -DBUILD_SSL=NO
  - -DBUILD_SHARED=NO
- speex
  - All "--disable" and "--enable" options that result in GNU+Linux
    build.
- speexdsp
  - All "--disable" and "--enable" options that result in GNU+Linux
    build.
- upnp
  - -DUPNP_STATIC_LIB
  - --disable-samples
  - --without-documentation
  - --disable-blocking_tcp_connections
- vorbis
  - --disable-docs
  - --disable-examples
  - --disable-oggtest
- vpx
  - --as=yasm
  - --disable-docs
  - --disable-examples
  - --disable-unit-tests
  - --disable-install-bins
  - --disable-install-docs
  - --enable-realtime-only
  - --enable-error-concealment
  - --disable-runtime-cpu-detect
  - --disable-webm-io
  - --enable-pic
- x264
  - --enable-static
  - --disable-avs
  - --disable-lavf
  - --disable-cli
  - --disable-ffms
  - --disable-opencl
  - --enable-pic
- yaml-cpp
  - -DBUILD_STATIC:BOOL=ON
  - -DBUILD_SHARED:BOOL=OFF
  - -DYAML_CPP_BUILD_TOOLS:BOOL=OFF
  - -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=OFF
- zlib
  - --static

Happy hacking! :)
--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com