jami

Re: [Ring] Ubuntu 14.04 support

From: Guillaume Roguez
Subject: Re: [Ring] Ubuntu 14.04 support
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 10:14:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi Stephane,

----- Le 7 Nov 16, à 21:32, Stéphane Guillou address@hidden a écrit :

> However, I was wondering: how come Ubuntu 14.04 is not supported any
> more? I first realised that the repository was not accessible a few days
> ago, then saw on the download page that Ubuntu 14.04 is not an option at
> all. I tried both the Debian 8 and Ubuntu 15.10 versions, but both run
> into unresolvable unmet dependencies.

We facing to a maintainance issue with Ubuntu 14.04, take a look to this link
[1],
you'll see the first problem: the delivered GCC is too old (4.8.x) to build one
dependency (restbed).
But, even if it's possible to force a newer GCC (4.9.x), we've seen that the
binary doesn't run.
Due to the amount of work to prepare the beta2 release and continue the support
on others platforms,
we haven't found a suitable solution for the release date and were forced to
disable Ubuntu 14.04 deployement.
So here we are: Ubuntu 14.04 is currently not runnable as it with beta2 sources.
This donesn't mean we want to abandonate this platform, we only need some time
or some help to find it.

So if someone want to help us to find a solution on this platform, many people
will be grateful!

> Best regards, and keep up the great work!
>
> Merci

Thank, Merci,
Guillaume

[1]