Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Include/Exclude advice

From: Ron Leach
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Include/Exclude advice
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 12:56:19 +0100

On 23/06/2017 11:46, Mike Fleetwood wrote:
On 23 June 2017 at 11:15, Ron Leach<address@hidden>  wrote:

rdiff-backup also seemed to make increments of all the other files in the
*other* directories under /srv/files.  I didn't expect this - I had thought
that the example I used would exclude all the directories below /srv/files
other than /srv/files/currentprojects .

I am no expert, but you experience coincides with my expectation that;
backing up part of a directory tree to an rdiff-backup repository is
implicitly saying all the excluded files have been removed so
rdiff-backup records them as being deleted in the repository.

Ah.  I wonder if, indeed, that's right; I hadn't thought of it that way.

Mike, thanks for that insight, I'll have to rethink what we're doing.

regards, Ron