Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "Found too many current_mirror incs!"

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "Found too many current_mirror incs!"
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 08:56:26 +0100

On 3 May 2017 at 08:37, Ron Leach <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 02/05/2017 23:42, Dominic Raferd wrote:
>

>> I suggest you take a backup of the existing broken repository and then try
>> on it the latest version of my script
>>

> Dominic, thank you for this suggestion.  And thank you for the script, by
> the way, which I've used a few times before (on a different backup).

​My pleasure, thank you​

> I can try it anyway, but do you expect whether I will need to reduce the
> number of current_mirror.* files first, to get to the 'no check needed'
> state, before your script will run?  Right now, rdiff-backup stops with its
> 'too many increments' faults.

​The script expects to find either 1 or 2 'current_mirror' files and will
abort otherwise. If you reduce the number of current_mirror files to 2 you
can just run rdiff-backup --check-destination-dir and bypass my script.
However I don't know whether you will end up with a consistent archive or
not. After successful completion (if you see this) I suggest running
several verifications (rdiff-backup --verify-at-time), starting with 'now'
and then trying earlier dates.