Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup multiple disks (on Windows)

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup multiple disks (on Windows)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 09:59:35 +0000

On 13 January 2017 at 18:36, Patrik Dufresne <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I need to backup multiple disks (C: & D:) on a Windows server, do I need
> to run rdiff-backup twice. Once for each disk ? Or there is a way to backup
> both of them in a single pass ?

Hi Patrik, if you are using rdiff-backup.exe then I think you must
make two passes. TimeDicer (which uses rdiff-backup) allows you to do
it in one action but it makes two passes 'under the hood'. If you use
rdiff-backup from cygwin then you can probably do it in one because
both drives can be found from /cygdrive/. I haven't tried with 'Bash
on Ubuntu on Windows' which is available with Windows 10. Regards,
Dominic