Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fully Patched version

From: Mike Fleetwood
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fully Patched version
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 15:34:19 +0100

On 24 August 2016 at 15:59, Dave Kempe <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Patrik,
> I believe we do have plans to release a new version. Wes has actually been
> working away on getting things worked out and we are just deciding on
> whether we release it all as 1.4 to try and start fresh, or something else.
> Any suggestions or patches we must include but might not be aware of, will
> be gladly received. I believe Wes was hoping to make a release next week
> sometime, but perhaps later depending on some other commitments he has.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dave Kempe
> http://sol1.com.au

I humbly suggest releasing it as version 1.4.0, after suitable release
candidates.  It will be a continuation of the same codebase just
released by yourselves.  I assume it won't have any significant changes
above 1.3.x, but will include a few extra bug fixes.

I would appreciate these patches being included:

1) bug #26064: os.popen2 seems depricated in Python 2.6
   https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26064

   Single patch file from Debian's rdiff-backup package which is just a
   merge of the 2 patches from the Savannah bug report

https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-apps/packages/rdiff-backup/trunk/debian/patches/03_fix_hardlinks.diff?revision=8031&view=co

2) bug #42319: NFS not preserving ownership causes hardlinks to report
               "Update mirror temp file ... does not match"
   http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?42319

   Patch
   http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=31336

Thanks,