[rdiff-backup-users] Poppins: rsync based backup tool (was: Re: fuzzy ma

From: rhkramer
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Poppins: rsync based backup tool (was: Re: fuzzy match - moved/renamed)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 08:59:54 -0500

On Sunday, February 07, 2016 08:28:04 AM you wrote:
> If anyone is actually working on rdiff-backup, I'm sure  most readers of
> this list would appreciate a "note from the maintainer" describing
> status.

Recently (the last day or so) I've come across a backup tool named poppins
(link below).  I mention it here because it uses rsync.  It also uses a client
/ server approach (but, perhaps it can be adapted to have the client and
server on the same computer).

I have not used it, and can make no endorsement.  I would be interested in
feedback from anyone who does try it.  (I don't even know if it completely
open source or if there are some proprietary portions or any fees...)

The web site (the installation page for Debian):

https://poppinsbackups.wordpress.com/2015/12/13/install-poppins-on-debian/

<quote from the web page (maybe the home page)>
Poppins: Rotating backup script based on rsync with support for BTRFS/ZFS
snapshots
</quote>