Re: [rdiff-backup-users] How to cope with missing 'rdiff-backup-data' in

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] How to cope with missing 'rdiff-backup-data' in destination directory
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:52:32 +0000

The message I see in the same situation is:

Fatal Error: Destination directory
[dir]
exists, but does not look like a rdiff-backup directory.  Running
rdiff-backup like this could mess up what is currently in it.  If you
want to update or overwrite it, run rdiff-backup with the --force
option
.
Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote system

If you do as it suggests and run rdiff-backup with --force option, it should complete successfully and convert the destination directory in an rdiff-backup repository.

Dominic