Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Exception 'Path: C:/.ssh, just after start of r

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Exception 'Path: C:/.ssh, just after start of rdiff
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 00:23:55 +0200

I am not a python coder sadly, but the fault appears to be generated by this line in fs_abilities.py:

assert letter_rp.lstat(), letter_rp

I would suggest commenting out this line, as it is just an error test, and in this case it may be a 'false positive', but of course this is not so easy for you because you are running rdiff-backup.exe under windows. Are you able to install Cygwin and its rdiff-backup? Then you should be able to edit fs_abilities.py and run rdiff-backup from cygwin prompt and see if this helps.