[rdiff-backup-users] Backup whole folder instead of his contents

From: Natanael Ramos
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup whole folder instead of his contents
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:11:01 -0200

Hello everyone.

I have a issue about a backup procedure with rdiff-backup. Let's say that i want to make a backup in the following way:

rdiff-backup foo /media/bar

When i do that, all the contents of "foo" are stored in "/media/bar/", but not "foo" itself. This is a problem to me because I want to backup multiple directories with the " --include-globbing-filelist include-list" option, if I do this, all the contents of the folders listed in "include-list" will be messy in the destination folder.

With rsync, if I do:

rsync -a foo /media/bar

"foo" and all of his contents will be transferred to "/media/bar" instead of his contents only.

So, is there any way to backup "foo" instead of only his contents?

Natanael Ramos
Membro do corpo discente de Ciência da Computação pelo Instituto Federal de
Minas Gerais - Campus Formiga