Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Repair repository

From: Robert Nichols
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Repair repository
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 09:18:00 -0500

On 09/14/2015 06:46 PM, Patrik Dufresne wrote:
One of my backup repository seams to be mess up alot. I think the backup
have been interrupted multiple time. I do have a very long history for
this backup and I don't want to lose it.

First, I encounter "regressing destination" error. So as usual, I've
delete the current_mirror. But even then, the backup refused to start

So, rather than letting the regression proceed and return the archive
to a consistent state, you deleted the marker that said that recovery
was needed and pushed another backup into that damaged archive. And,
you have done this ("as usual") several times.

I would be surprised to discover any practical way to fix that.  I
suspect that your "very long history" has been corrupt for quite
some time.

                Do NOT delete it.