Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Bad directory

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Bad directory
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 08:12:40 +0000

Possibilities:
  1. Does the backup which causes the problem come from a source which already has a subdirectory called 'rdiff-backup-data'? This is a special-purpose directory for rdiff-backup so there might be problems if it already exists on the source.
  2. Are both backup destination locations on the same filesystem?
  3. For the backup giving the error message, does the user on the destination machine have full permissions to create/modify any files/directories at the destination location?

Dominic